Friday, November 20, 2009

While it's not too late

My Dear Fidon...

On Monday a colleague of mine passed away. She was 52 years old. Since I took Monday off, I only learned of this news on Tuesday when I opened my corporate mail. May she be pardon of her sins; Amin.

Today her family came to take some of her stuff back. Upon seeing her mom's stuff, one of the daughter started crying. My thoughts were instantly focused on my own mother and the many times I've wronged her. And yet she never once turned her back on me.

Tonight when I get home I'm going to hug her and tell her that I love her from the deepest corner of my heart. I'm going to teman her makan and urut her kaki and hug her goodnight.

I saw the husband trying desperately to calm himself while holding back tears. I can only imagine how it feels like to lose someone that you've loved and have been in loved with for so long. My thoughts turned to my girlfriend and everything that we've been through together. All the ups and downs and the sweet memories we share raced through my mind. We may not have been together for as long as they have, but still, the thought of losing her kills me.

She has been the anchor that pulls all the different parts of me together whenever I'm faced with a daunting task. She is my shrink, my own personal councilor who helps me up again every time I crash. Unknowingly, she guides me through this maze of life and gives me reason to be fearless come what may.

I'm sure many others share the same thoughts of their loved ones. So make it known to them while they are still around.

Hunny I love you so. I know this is very selfish of me but when the time comes I wish I'll be the one taken away first.

For the time being, I'm just glad to be able to hear you say 'hello' at the other end of the line.

It really does feel good to know that you're there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment